Get your kindle here

Monday 31 March 2014

Amazing and not so Amazing Facts

I thought I would put together a few facts that I have heard about, and I would welcome input from anyone who wants to join in.

Did all British people know that they are breaking the law every 25th December when they celebrate Christmas?  Christmas was made illegal by Oliver Cromwell and the law was never repealed, just ignored.

In London, black cab drivers are obliged to carry a bale of hay to feed their horses.  That law was also never repealed.

In some states of the USA it is illegal to have sexual intercourse with a virgin.  So, no spending your honeymoon there then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

FIVE FREE BOOKS FOR NEW SUBSCRIBERS TO MY READERS' GROUP NEWSLETTER

FREE BOOKS These are the e-books you will receive absolutely free when you sign up for my Readers' Group Newsletter. Three of the...